Friday 16 September 2011

Goose Bumps.




Sometimes, it's difficult to believe that I have spent a full two months in the company of this man...who I always thought, was from some other planet, some other world. I remember seeing his first glimpse on the sets of Aarakshan as he entered the premises in his gleaming Merc. And I remember precisely this music playing in my head as I felt his presence...just inches away from me. As the DoP of the film, I knew I was supposed to exercise calm and act with dignity...but all that went flying as the director introduced me to him. I remember those first few minutes of haze and blur...when I mumbled something about not having spoken to my late dad for two years after having watched Shakti...and I remember Mr. Bachchan's eyes, looking at me with sympathy, humility, and amusement. I remember my assistants whispering in each other's ears about how stupidly their boss was behaving today...but I remember having brushed all that aside...because some moments...are just meant to be savored. This...was one of those, when a devotee, met his God...in flesh and blood. Thank you, Amitabh Bachchan...for being what you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment